Monday, June 11, 2012

Sometimes I imagine that I have things in order. Finding contentment in the notion that things are tight and safe. It seems that even when I believe I am in control, the truth is, I couldn't be more vulnerable. It could all fall apart no matter how good at planning I am. It took some practice, but being transient and honest about my lack of security and control, has carried me to some amazing places.

My last few days have been the type that capture the spirit of going with the flow. Climbing in the wild and vast valley of Yosemite was just the beginning. The company at the historic walk-in campground, Camp 4, proved to be a great smattering of fun, musical, inspired, and interesting people. I arrived with my bag of clothes, climbing gear, and food and few expectations. Being open to the opportunities of the week brought me to great experiences and back to San Francisco. What's next?

200ft rope swing at the base of El Capitan. Why not?
Worth noting was the largest swing I have ridden (and I have been on some pretty baller swings), watching Half Dome glowing in red sunset, and tramping through the Cathedral Canyon descent after climbing the East Buttress of Middle Cathedral.

Live Close.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture ! I love how Yosemite reminds you of being out of control. Lack of control seems to be a theme in my life right now and I need to learn to be "honest about my lack of security and control." It's easy to forget that we really can't plan for it all. I would consider myself quite the planner, but reality is we can never account for ALL the objective hazards in life. You'll have teach me your ways now that you are in Bellingham.

    ReplyDelete